We’re now in full swing and right before the New Year, this is one of my favorite times of the year! Shimmering snow on the mountains and the twinkling lights in the village, Big White is a wonderful place to be.
Whether you’re thinking about building from scratch see my previous entry or if you already have a property there are lots of options to make it modern. Perhaps you’ve found a property you really like but there are just a few things you want to upgrade. Renovations are a great way to keep your place current and increase its market value. Even if you have a slight fixer-upper don’t be discourage to sell, this might be the perfect project for someone else. You don’t have to break your budget either since you can start and finish at your own pace.
Consider A Few Things
- A fresh coat of paint is a simple way to change the look and feel of a space and you can hire professionals or DIY.
- Kitchens and bathrooms are good places to start whether you’re a buyer or a seller most people take notice of these areas. You don’t necessarily need to do major renovations either since small improvements help, consider changing sinks, countertops, appliances and hardware.
- Floors are another way you can easily transform a space. Think about replacing broken tiles, hardwood panels, or removing old carpet.
- Window coverings are another way you can redesign a space.
- If your property is on the smaller side think about sprucing up outdoor areas to add more inviting spaces into the mix.
Depending on the project you are planning you might need a permit so be sure to find out more from your regional district or municipality. There are lots of home improvement magazines, TV shows and websites that can help you decide on the perfect designer look for you. Our friends at Weninger Construction can also help navigate your renovations needs.