You’ve been pondering the idea of listing your home “next year”, but aren’t entirely sure when is the best time to list. You’re friends tell you Spring because that’s when the market picks up. BUT, I’m going to give you 3 reasons to list your home in JANUARY!!
- There are fewer houses on the market – which means less competition and greater chance at receiving an offer
- People that are looking at houses in January are serious buyers!
- Corporate relocation – One of the biggest months for employee relocation is January, you might just sell to a newcomer to your town!
Okay, now that you’ve decided to list in January, here are some helpful tips for winter showings:
- Bake cookies for the potential buyers – the smell, the thought, and the taste will leave an imprint in their memory with the house.
- Have summer photos of the house, yard, and neighborhood.
- Keep driveway and sidewalk clear of snow and ice at all times!
- Turn the heat up a notch or two prior to showings, and if you have a fireplace, turn it on for extra ambiance.
Listing your property in January may just ensure you get the right price and beat the spring saturation!
Call Joan Wolf today if you want results, passion, and perseverance!